, ,

rock the dub radio: episode 003


EZ all RTD Radio fans - those who are new, welcome to the party.

I am actually happy with this show, the 3rd of my rock the dub radio broadcasts on WGHH Radio (Bi-weekly Thursdays, 10PM-12AM; I think I also have the Saturday 10PM-12AM slot, too!). All Hip-Hop, all the time. This episode was fun to make, for I wanted to throw in some classic material in there ("Top Billin'", "Rock Dis Funky Joint" [TRENTON STANDUP!], "Criminal Minded", etc.), some new spit ("The Moment Before Crazy", "Watch Yo Step", etc.) and some other shit you might not be up on, like "Super Lyrical" or Cru's "Pronto". This session plays like a mirror to what I was rockin' on my mp3 player back and forth to work a few weeks ago. I also wanted to get that Disco D-produced "Ski Mask Way" (aka the best thing on The Massacre) on there, just because.

You will also notice that this is the first episode to premiere the "rock the dub radio" intro on it, plus a number of sounds and what not I have been trying to cultivate to make the show feel different and fun. Even threw my customized "rewind" sound in there. That's just to make me feel good, but I think it came off well.

Let's cut the chatter, though... onto the show!

01/intro
02/Nas "You Know My Style"
03/Audio Two "Top Billin'"
04/Chill Rob G "Ride The Rhythm"
05/Poor Righteous Teachers "Rock Dis Funky Joint"
06/Wise Intelligent "Mr. Rocket Launcher"
07/Sadat X "The Post"
08/Fat Joe "Flow Joe"
09/Bahamadia "Uknowhowwedu"
10/Canibus "Get Retarded"
11/Boogie Down Productions "Criminal Minded"
12/interlude: Chris Rock "Rap Standup"
13/KRS-One & Marley Marl "Kill A Rapper"
14/Mos Def "Crime & Medicine"
15/Sharkey & C-Rayz Walz ft. Vast Aire "The Moment Before Crazy"
16/Cannibal Ox "Handle That"
17/50 Cent "Ski Mask Way"
18/Big Punisher ft. Black Thought "Super Lyrical"
19/Rhymefest "Angry Black Man On An Elevator"
20/Ras Kass ft. Name Brand "Get It In"
21/Common ft. Scarface & Mos Def "The Corner (Remix)"
22/9th Wonder ft. Royce Da 5'9", Naledge & Vandalyzm "The Last Time"
23/Percee P ft. Guilty Simpson & Vinnie Paz "Watch Yo' Step"
24/Oh No "Action (Rap Version)"
25/Oh No "My Way"
26/Tonedeff ft. Extended Famm "Ugly Woman"
27/Prince Paul "Dimepieces"
28/Peter Bjorn & John ft. Spec Boogie "Amsterdam (Loosie Remix)"
29/Cru "Pronto"
30/El-P "The Overly Dramatic Truth (Drum & Vocal Mix)"
31/C-Rayz Walz "Original Copies"
You can download the show from podOmatic or stream/download via divshare.

Got comments? Speakonit. You should also make my feed a part of your life.

Episode 004 is a special treat, and a first in many shows like it to come. You've been warned.

Spread the word! rock the dub radio!
Share:

1 comment:

Etalon said...

I have a HipHop Collection Blog, where you can Download Classic albums from the 90's (FREE)...
etalonhiphop.blogspot.com
On my site:
Artists - Albums
- Big Noyd (1 album)
- Black Moon (1 album)
- Boogiemonsters (1 album)
- Boogiemonsters (1 album)
- Das EFX (4 albums)
- Digable Planets (2 albums)
- EPMD Discography (14 albums)
- Heltah Skeltah (2 albums)
- Lords of the Underground (1 album)
- MF DOOM (64 albums)
- Mobb Deep (2 albums)
- Nine (2 albums)
- Poor Righteous Teachers (2 albums)
Soon...
- The Roots
- Boot Camp Clik
etalonhiphop.blogspot.com